If you’re looking for windows, then you need to know about AAMA’s Gold Label Certification program.
AAMA (which stands for “American Architectural Manufacturers Association”) involves accredited lab testing on windows and doors so that tests are performed by qualified, experienced third-party professionals using properly calibrated equipment. In order to receive the AAMA Gold Label Certification, windows and doors must pass independent AAMA-accredited test lab requirements that meet these criteria:
· Prescribed maximum level of air leakage through the assembled unit;
· No water penetration through the unit at a specified simulated wind speed;
· Prescribed levels of structural resistant to wind and other dynamic pressures;
· Life cycle durability requirements as applicable based on the product’s performance class designation;
· Component performance verification to AAMA specifications
Simonton Windows proudly adheres to AAMA Gold Standards when manufacturing its energy-efficient vinyl windows and doors, including the new Asure by Simonton replacement windows. Simonton controls the quality of the vinyl in its products by extruding its own vinyl compound at SimEx, a vinyl extrusion company affiliated with Simonton Windows.
Located in St. Marys, W. Va., the 24-hour SimEx operation supplies rigid vinyl window profiles to Simonton. The vinyl pieces are part of the AAMA verified components required by the AAMA Gold Label Program.
The experts at Simonton Windows offer several free consumer booklets on how to know when it’s time to replace your windows, energy efficiency of windows and selecting windows for a new home. Visit http://www.simonton.com/Information/Tips/ for more information.