If you're a builder looking for ways to add a bit more "punch" into your marketing efforts in 2014, try tackling a special event to bring attention to your business.
You may want to sponsor an event yourself, investigate working on one with your local home builder association, or even getting together with some area businesses to create an event that benefits everyone involved. So, what can you do? The folks at Simonton Windows are providing this checklist of great, high-profile ideas from the book "Public Relations for Building Pros" to get you started:
- Street of Dreams or Parade of Homes participation
- Sponsor an educational session (such as "Tips for Second-Time Home Buyers" or "What to Ask Your Builder") at your offices, a community facility or real estate office.
- Get involved in a charity show home
- Co-sponsor a Ladies Night at a local dealer for single women homeowners
- Coordinate a "We Love Our City" clean-up day in areas surrounding your home projects, involving your past customers, employees, suppliers and local officials
- Participate in "Ask the Builder" website chats and radio interviews
- Host a one-year anniversary for all residents of your new subdivision or project you constructed
- Work with your past customers to create a "Street of Lights" celebration for everyone to enjoy that showcases the beauty of their homes during the holidays.