Thursday, May 1, 2014
Tips for Interviewing a Window Installer
by Simonton Windows
When it comes time to interviewing window installers, many people get stumped by what to ask. Simonton Windows to the rescue!
Here's a checklist of questions you can refer to when considering a window replacement contractor to do work at your home. And, see Simonton Windows Offers Tips for Finding a Qualified Window Installer for more details!
Questions to ask a potential installer:
- How long have you been in business?
- How long have you been installing replacement windows?
- Have you ever been sued?
- Are you licensed and registered with our state?
- How many window installation products have you done in the past 12 months?
- Will my project require a permit? If so, will you obtain it for the project?
- What building codes must be followed for this project?
- What safety precautions will you take on this project?
- May I have a list of references for at least four previous clients?
- What projects are you currently working on and can I visit the jobsites?
- Will you be using subcontractors for this project? If so, can you supply all insurance and licenses for them?
- Do you carry personal liability, worker’s compensation and property damage insurance coverage?
- Are you bonded?
- What is your requested payment schedule for a window installation project?
- How do you prefer payment? (do not pay cash)
- Which manufacturer’s windows have you installed in the past?
- How long do you think my window replacement will take from start to finish?
- Is disposal of my current windows covered in the price of the project?
- What kind of written warranties or guarantees do you offer on your services?
- Which window brands do you recommend and why?
- Where do you purchase the windows for your projects?